Granite is known for being a top choice in kitchen remodels. Granite is hard and durable. Properly sealed, granite can resist stains.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to caring for your granite countertop every day to make it last for years and years.
- Use a SOFT cloth and a pH neutral cleaner on dried food. Don’t scratch your countertop with harsh cleaning sponges or cleaners. Opt for a paste of baking soda and mild dish soap instead. Use a cloth. DON’T use vinegar because it will break down your sealant over time.
- Wipe your tops down regularly. Wipe down spills immediately with warm water and a drop of dish soap. Rinse the soap off your countertop and buff with a clean, dry, soft cloth.
- Blot spills right away. Don’t wipe around a spill because you will just be spreading the liquid around. Instead, cover the spill with a paper or fabric cloth. Isolate the spill to that area, and that area only. Pour baking soda alone on oily stains to absorb the oil or grease.
- Dry those spills. Granite is still porous because it is a natural stone. Sealed granite can only resist moisture for so long.
- Keep hot pans on the stove. Keep pots and pans fresh from the oven or stove OFF your countertop. Granite is known for being tough against heat. However, you will wear down the stone over time.
Visit Kol Marble and Granite in Cherry Hill, NJ for your custom countertop design.